Monday, February 15, 2010

Scrabble Opportunity Cost Is This A Good Idea And How Could I Get It Going?

Is this a good idea and how could I get it going? - scrabble opportunity cost

I had an idea as a way to meet new people. I thought about creating a board game / night card games at least once a week, which may be in a position to meet new people, new friends, or data, even if the opportunity presented itself 's how.

Have you ever been to parks where foreigners can play with other chess? My idea is a kind of inspiration.

Where can I do that? Probably a coffee shop, a cafe or bookstore. Where I live, Barnes & Noble would be ideal.

How do I do that? I do not know how. I think it would be very strange if I create a monopoly or scrabble and stayed there, waiting for someone to randomly come to me. He had considered organizing Meetup.com as a way to publish and invite people, but unhappyEly, Meetup costs money to use, and can not afford it. The only other solution that might work would be craigslist or MySpace.

Is this a good idea? Would something interesting? How do I start?

7 comments:

Jason T said...

Speaking from personal experience, with two play groups launched.

1) Location

Find a local game store whenever possible. They are greedy people who love the game because they buy a) the games, and b) they can often be other people interested in the games. Tickets http://www.gamestoredb.com a store near you, you play. If you do nothing, in addition, check with the nearest bookstore, there may not satisfy many games and play groups are always quiet and respectful of customers.

2) People

If you have a local game store, and share some flyers. Print flyers, half a page and put the business in the sacks for the people belong to the game shop. To organize, with Yahoo! Groups for our group. Visit ourhttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Nort page ....
Make an announcement in the appropriate forum for BoardGameGeek. Craig http://www.boardgamegeek.com list, and no notice of the municipal councils of the local paper, etc. could also be a good source. Check with a local university if you have one, and talk to their colleagues on the information of students who might be interested. If the group is active, please contact the local population and the characteristics of their editors of local newspapers and formulation of search.

Meetings 3)

Try to keep to the regular meetings on the dates and times, so that people can set a schedule. As your group grows, its meetings expected events for informal meetings scheduled to play at home to raise.

Please contaCT-me: northcountygamers (at) gmail (dot) com

Good luck and have fun!

TAS said...

Sounds like a good idea. You can use MySpace or elsewhere, the one side. I want to put just a little ... possibly a blog. Make sure the list of the time, date and place. However, to ensure that they are not alone, I invite friends over which a portion of what you have someone to play games with other Mt. All that can be considered is the number of people who can come. You can get 1, but you might get 100. Good luck.

JP said...

Yes, I think it's a good idea. Heck, they even took it with you. I like board games. It is a great way to spend time with friends!

burning brightly said...

You can still used the same system
Bloke in Ipswich in eastern England, who seems to be a metthod thats just kill all

burning brightly said...

You can still used the same system
Bloke in Ipswich in eastern England, who seems to be a metthod thats just kill all

appleslo... said...

I do not understand. But to summarize for the Council, or. People prefer

Sarah Kanoewai said...

If this sounds like a good idea!

Post a Comment